Technology Requirements for Online Courses
The expectation for this online course is that students participate both by video and audio. All students are required to have a working camera and headset during class times. Class sessions are recorded, and the recordings are posted shortly after class, please be aware that anything said during class sessions will be included and posted.
- Microphone headset (suggested model)
- Web camera (suggested model): You are required to keep your webcam on during the duration of the class session. Failure to do so may affect your participation grade.
- Recommended Internet Speed: 8mbps download & 5mbps upload (test at speedtest.net)
Note: Hard-wired connections are more consistent than Wi-Fi for Zoom sessions. If your speeds are below the suggested rates, please try to hardwire your connection or call your internet provider to see if you can obtain faster service.
Zoom is a web conferencing tool available to all students, faculty and staff. You can use this tool to meet with your peers or class as well as record and share a presentation. To access Zoom, login to TUportal and select Zoom from the left navigation menu or go to temple.zoom.us.
ALERT: Zoom is currently experiencing delays of up to 24hrs for video processing. Please be aware that it could take 24hrs for your meeting recordings to be ready to access from your Zoom recordings tab.
- For specific course questions about Zoom, please contact email@example.com
- Online Help Request
- Phone: US: +1.888.799.9666 ext 2 or +1.650.397.6096 ext 2
- Live chat via the blue “Help” chat bubble icon that appears on the bottom right of most Zoom pages (available 24/7).
- Zoom support is available to the Temple Community. You will have access to this service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Downloading the Zoom Client
- Host a Meeting via your Zoom Personal Room
- Sharing your Zoom Meeting ID
- Creating Virtual Backgrounds in Zoom
- Zoom Presentation Instructions
- These instructions can be used for students to record and share presentations.
- Recording Videos in Zoom
- Recording Exams in Zoom
- Sharing Computer Sound During Screen Sharing
- Self-Assign Breakout Room
Health and Wellness Resources
- Student Emergency Aid Fund (application and information): https://deanofstudents.temple.edu/news/student-emergency-aid-fund
- CARE Team (to make referrals): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Conduct (to make referrals): email@example.com
- Tuttleman Counseling Services: https://counseling.temple.edu
- Disability Resources and Services: https://disabilityresources.temple.edu
- Cherry Pantry: https://deanofstudents.temple.edu/news/cherry-pantry-resources
- TAUP Fast Fund (application and information): https://taup.org/fast-fund
To donate to Cherry Pantry: http://giving.temple.edu/cherrypantry
- Understanding Grading for Undergraduate Students
- Fox GRAD Grading Option Clarification
- UG CR-NC Grading Option clarification
- Online Education Myths for Students
- Student Guide to Qwickly
- For grievances, issues, concerns or suggestions regarding your class, please contact: